Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18, 2012

I want this in the garden next summer!
I got eight pieces of flagstone moved and placed yesterday. After I finished I was sure I had moved many more pieces than eight. But alas, after counting and recounting, I confirmed that I had indeed only moved and placed eight pieces of flagstone. I did follow the process I described yesterday. Labor. Shower. Nap. This morning, the ole back was screaming at me, "What the <bleep> do you think you're doing?" So today I'm adding another step to my process. Labor. Shower. Medicate. Nap.

It got cold in the high desert last night. I went to the fabric store in a sleeveless shirt, but came out wishing I had sleeves on my top. When I took the girls outside around 10 p.m., I put on a cardigan that's like a long-sleeve cotton t-shirt. When I went to bed I put on a t-shirt and pajama bottoms. Then I got up around 5 a.m. to get a light-weight quilt out of the trunk. The 7 a.m. weather said the low last night in Santa Fe was 49 degrees. No wonder the girls and I were cuddling.

Today I'm creating phase three of the flagstone patio. I'm not sure if another eight pieces of stone will finish the patio or not. I also have some sewing to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a photo of a cute bag to show on tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment