Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29, 2012

Heading back to the blue gate in the high
desert this afternoon. 
What's up with Southwest Airlines? On Monday my flight from ABQ to HOU was delayed a hour. Now my flight from HOU to ABQ is delayed 1-1/2 hours. I can't believe it! When I leave HOU at 4:20 p.m. (Central Time), I get to ABQ at 5:20 p.m. (Mountain Time), which puts me right in the middle of afternoon traffic. Argh (an exclaimation of annoyance, exasperation, or other negative factor)!

I'm also annoyed that I have to start wearing ugly shoes. For years The lovely McCarley sisters and their mom (me) have rejoiced in the fact that we have good ankles and shoes look good on us. But since my foot and ankle problems this year, the most comfortable shoes have been those I define as "sensible." Last night when I was online searching for shoes, Mr. B was looking over my shoulder and commented, "Are you going to have to wear shoes like that all the time?" Sadly, I think the answer is yes.

Today I'm creating notes for my meeting with the Houston Arts Alliance. I spoke along with the Bayou City Art Festival Executive Director and two other Board members. I always hope I don't babble when speaking. If I could get the questions ahead of time and have over night to write my answers, there wouldn't be a problem. But speaking spontaneously I could go on and on and on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment