Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7, 2012

Two summers ago I made apricot preserves. I
hope there is enough fruit to do the same this year.
I feel so sorry for Dr. Mc and #1 son-in-law Nick! They have been working on their house and yard for four days, getting ready for a large wedding shower for good friends. As late as 3 p.m. today they were in the front yard adding some color to pots and the flower beds. I guess around 5 p.m. it started raining at their house. They were counting on guests being able to pour out into the yard, but I guess that plan maybe rained out.

Juniper, the man who owned Pettita Casita before we bought it, emailed me today (he still owns a lot next to the house). He has some old photos of the house for us. I can't wait to see them. He said the apricot tree was full of fruit and asked permission to go into the yard and pick some. How nice that he asked before picking the fruit, unlike some neighbors who just helped themselves without asking.

Today I'm creating beds of color at the McZam's house. I helped Dr. Mc plant some color in their back yard and then showed her where to plant what she had for the front yard. We were outside for maybe an hour and a half, most of the time in the shade. When I got home my clothes were soaked and all my energy was gone. It's amazing how the heat can take it out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment