Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012

Big bowl of apricots I picked yesterday. I can probably pick
another bowl today, if I can reach them.
Let me set the stage for you. When it comes to food, Roz is a nibbler and Rose is a cobbler. So when the girls are fed, (A) Rose eats her food and (B) then moves to Roz's bowl, which results in (C) Rose is overweight and needs to shed a few pounds. A+B=C.

Now for why they are mad at me. I've cut back a bit on Rose's food. After two days of this, she's upset and pretty sure her throat has been cut. To ensure Roz gets a chance to eat her food, after we go outside around 7:30 a.m., I put her in the bathroom with her food and water.  She's upset because she thinks having to go in the bathroom with the door closed is some sort of punishment. Then I take up the Roz's food bowl, which upsets both the girls. Roz can't nibble during the day and Rose can't cobble up her leftovers. Just like is the case with the lovely McCarley sisters, I'm trying to do my best but that's not the way my actions are perceived. What's a mom to do?

Today I creating something with all the apricots I picked yesterday. I've re-read the Ball Blue Book guide to preserving and canning. While all sounds simple enough, baking, cooking, grilling, canning, etc. is always a challenge when I'm 7,000+ feet above sea level.

No comments:

Post a Comment