Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12, 2012

Porch removed and old house moved.
Very productive day filled with Bayou City Art Festival meetings. We are going to be doing great(er) things during the next year or so. I'm very proud to be part of the organization!

A house I lived in for 13 years has been moved. The only house I've lived in longer is the one I've resided in since I married Mr. B in 1995. My old house was a cute cottage that sat on two wooded lots ... or it did until about a week ago. It's such a shame that so many old, beautiful trees were cut down so the house could be moved over to the once empty lot. A new house, on a now tree-less lot, will be built in the spot where the old house resided. What a shame!

Today I'm creating the startup packing list. At this time next week the car will be full and I'll be about two hours away from Pettita Casita. Awww. I can't wait to open the windows and breath in the fresh air.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I missed this earlier, but that was a house with many happy memories and a beautiful garden. Do you know where it's going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house just got moved over 50 feet to the left side of the yard, where the garden was. The address of our old house is the same: 625 Harvard. The new house being built will be numbered 627 Harvard.

    ReplyDelete