Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15, 2012

This morning was more like Spring in Houston than mid-July. It was raining and thundering hard for several hours, but now the sun is out. It should make for a steamy afternoon, so I plan on staying inside.
Painting by Patrick Palmer.

Mr. B and I went to the open studios yesterday at Winter Street, which was fun! Maybe a third of the studios were open. I guess that's about typical for this time of year when it's so hot. We saw some good artwork, some stinky artwork, and Mr. B ran into a woman he worked with 20 years ago. Mr. B and I decided to purchase a piece of artwork by Patrick Palmer. Besides being a terrific painter and very nice man, Patrick is the Dean and Studio School Faculty Chair and Department Head of Art History at The Glassell School of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. We've enjoyed his paintings for many years and I'm excited to finally own one. Or let's get really deep: Does a collector own artwork or does the artwork own the collector?

Today I'm creating a proposal. I wasn't sure if the requestor was serious, but I guess she is. It has been a long time since I prepared a full-blown proposal because I usually work with repeat clients. But I'm sure I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment