Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18, 2012

When I pull up blogger.com to write my blog, the previous days email is the first thing on the screen. Today I saw the photo I posted yesterday of sweet baby Vivian and it made me smile. There's nothing like babies (humans, puppies, kittens, it doesn't matter) to bring a smile to my face.

I finished my Board meeting for Bayou City Art Festival and then went to the doctor to get my thyroid checked. Of course that meant two vials of blood. I have to say that the technician in this doctor's office does the best job of distracting me while she is taking my blood so I don't freak out!

Today I'm creating the first planning meeting for the Women of Wine auction that will take place at the end of October. It will require some wine. I'm also washing clothes to take with me to Santa Fe. More wine. Have I mentioned that I leave tomorrow at dawn? A little coffee. I've been gathering a group of books on tape and new CDs to listen to on the road. Everything from Ella Fitzgerald Sings Cole Porter to Maroon 5 to Killing Lincoln. Also new for our listening enjoyment are Gavin DeGraw and Kelly Clarkson. Actually I don't need too many CDs because Mr. B will often listen to the same song for an hour or more while he's driving and I'm sleeping. Just shoot me!

No comments:

Post a Comment