Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

Rose napping during the drive to Santa Fe.
Yesterday Mr. B and I made the drive, along with Roz and Rose, to the high desert. We arrived just after dark so we weren't able to see the gardens. This morning was a wonderful treat! I opened the back door to the casita and was met by clean, fresh (cool) air, beautiful sunshine, and a garden that is colorful and full. There haven't been any hummingbird sightings yet, but there must be hundreds of tiny bumble bees working their magic.

Mr. B loved the Ella Fitzgerald CDs I got for the trip. Whenever we're on road trips, the person in the driver's seat has control of the radio. Since he drove from Houston to Amarillo, we listened to the Ella Fitzgerald CDs for 10 hours! Fortunately, I was able to have both a morning and afternoon nap, as did both of the babies. Rose's midday nap was in my lap with her head on a pillow. Roz, as always, was perched in the driver's lap for 90% of the trip.

Today I'm creating a day of relaxation. I sure a trip to Albertson's will be part of my day. One-stop shopping at Albertson's in Santa Fe because you can buy food and liquor in one spot. Ah, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment