Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

The Aurora, CO shooter appeared on television this morning. The media reports it's probable that the attorneys for the shooter will claim he is insane. There's no doubt in my mind that the young man is mentally unfit, but I wonder why our society isn't doing more before another shooter kills 12 people and injures 58 others? There must have been signs that were ignored. How many people thought to themselves, "Oh, he's just a harmless kook." The real question in my mind isn't whether or not this young man is insane, but rather what can we learn from this and do proactively to prevent other such occurrences. Just as is the case with car alarms, we shouldn't ignore what is going on around us. As the song by the Five Man Electric Band goes, "Signs, signs, everywhere a sign."
I need to find out from Richard Lawn if these
tiny apples are edible.

On a lighter note, Roz, Rose and I went on a short walk this morning. We found a tree that is producing the tiniest apples. I photographed some next to a champagne cork for size comparison. Look how tiny!

Today I'm creating a to-do list. So far my list contains a trip to the pharmacy, grocery store and nail salon, as well as cleaning up apricots that have fallen on the ground. This morning Rose had one in her mouth. I know the apricots are healthy human food, but I'm not sure what they will do to canines. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment