Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9, 2012

I'm hoping I left a ring on the dresser beside the bed in SFe.
The Pettits are safely back in Houston after the long drive from Santa Fe. It was downright cold when we left on Tuesday morning a little after 6 a.m. The back seat was empty so I was able to stretch out and keep my foot propped up except when I was driving. I got home and was missing a ring. I hoping I left it on the dresser in Santa Fe and The Richards will find it for me. I'm somewhat stressed about that right now.

Maybe my stress about my missing ring was why my blood pressure was high at my doctor's appointment this morning. I now have a date for my foot surgery. I'll be at the hospital on Tuesday, May 22, at 6 a.m. I'm first on the list so I was told I would be in the operating room around 7:15 a.m. It's just a day surgery. I'll be home in my own bed that night. Let's see. Thirteen days until the surgery. Then two weeks in a cast and another four weeks back in the boot. I'll be finished with this drama in approximately two months, just in time to head back to Santa Fe for my summer stay.

Today I'm creating concepts for some direct-mail pieces. But first, after my doctor's appointment I went to lunch with my friend Victoria. It had been months since we sat down and just talked without anyone else around. It was good to catch up! Then I went to the Apple store to retrieve my new MacBook. Before I left for Santa Fe, I took my old computer and my new one to the Apple store to have the data transferred. It's good to have my laptop back with all the data in one spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment