Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012

Beautiful sunflowers in old Calumet Baking Power tins brighten the casita.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo. I'm so glad to be in Santa Fe, but I'm missing some fun events back in Houston. Happy wedding shower to Sarah! Happy baby shower to Cat and Griff! Happy day to Wendy Wagner whose work is featured in a Pop Up Exhibition at Darke Gallery! 

I had great success yesterday on my shopping spree. Not only did I find a beautiful top to wear to my niece's wedding next weekend, I also found two other tops. I've never seen anything like them in Houston, so I'm very excited. I also bought a coffee table book yesterday about art studios in New Mexico. It starts back when the art movement came to Santa Fe and moves forward to about 2005. I like reading the history, looking at the old photos, and seeing new contemporary artwork.

Today I'm creating a clean second bedroom and dining room in the casita. Time to wash the sheets, as well as vacuum and dust that part of the house. I'd like to go out for awhile this afternoon to another couple of stores, but I think I spent my wad yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment