Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18, 2012

The birthday boy (and unknown woman) at last night's party.
Mr. B and I were busy party-goers last night. First we went to a thank-you party for volunteers  who had participated with the auction committee for the Houston Heights Association. I participated. He was my +1. I know it will be a good party when there is a margarita machine on the screened porch. Then we went to a birthday party for a friend. I won't mention Bart's age, except to say he is a septuagenarian. There were tons and tons of people there that I don't see often, including some I haven't seen in years. It's always good to catch up. 


I also determined last night that, although I sometimes think differently, I'm not Wonder Woman. My foot surgery is on Tuesday and I was planning to attend an event for Bayou City Art Festival on Wednesday. It's not just any event, but the one where we give checks to our non-profit partners who helped at the Memorial Park Festival. Mr. B and Kelly Kindred, the Executive Director of Bayou City Art Festival, convinced me that it would be better if I skipped the event. I'm going to take their advice.


Today I'm creating a magazine article. This afternoon I'm going to declutter of the guest room. Then I'm off to a book signing and cocktail party. Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment