Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012

This rose bush is the bright spot in the SFe garden.



It was a long drive to Santa Fe yesterday, but we made it. Sometimes the drive goes very quickly and sometimes the 13 hours seems like an eternity. I think part of my problem yesterday was that it was hard to get comfortable with the boot on my foot. I couldn't sit on my foot while I drove, which is my favorite long-distance driving position. And when I was sitting in the passenger seat there didn't seem to be enough space for my boot.

It was a total surprise pushing open the gate to the driveway and side yard last night. I always expect to see either a snow-covered yard or the garden in bloom. But last night it was a yard full of weeds. We had three people at the casita this morning giving us prices. One for yard work. Another to paint the trim on the house. And the third to stabilize the fence along the back of the property. This trip will cost us about $1,000 for the repairs and maintenance. You know, it's fun having a second home until you have to start making repairs on it.

Today I'm creating a save-the-date card and website announcement for a client. Got to keep working, even in the high desert, if I want to keep Pettita Casita. And keeping the Santa Fe house is certainly on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment