Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6, 2012

Such a quiet, relaxing day in the high desert. We stayed in until mid afternoon when we went to the annual Contemporary Clay Fair. Of all the crafts I do, I've never had an interest in working with clay because I just see too much frustration involved. I would want my work to be so great from the beginning, and it won't be. Not working with clay is the same reason I don't bowl. If I can't do it well, I don't want to do it at all.

After the clay fair we went to "The Richard's" home for cocktails before going to Harry's Road house for dinner. It was almost too cool to sit outside and admire their garden. Little Ricky spends hours every day in their garden, and it always looks beyond beautiful. Today was no exception. I always have garden envy when I leave their home. Pictured is just a small portion of their garden. I took lots of photos today, so I'll be showing more garden photos as the week goes on.

Today I'm creating dinner for tomorrow night. Tomorrow will be our last day and it's always a busy day with cleaning and running last minute errands. As Mr. B says, on Tuesday morning, "We leave at dawn."

No comments:

Post a Comment