Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15, 2012

New pink rose bush is going crazy with all the rain.
The month-old plants in our yard are loving the gentle rain that has been falling in Houston the past two days. The rain and humidity aren't so good for my coif, but the plants love it!

I saw on Facebook today is a long-ago friend's birthday today. It reminded me of a party that took place 30 years ago. There was a group of about five of us who were turning 30 during the spring/summer of 1982, and we had a huge celebration that included everyone we knew. Half a lifetime ago, being 30 seemed so old. The shame is that as close as we were at that time, none of us are still close friends. I still see two of the men occasionally, but it has been years since I saw or spoke to the other two women. But I still think about the group and our 30th birthday blow out! And I wish Blake, Mark, Jackie, me and Elsie another 30 years of happiness and health.

Today I'm creating plans for two parties. Yes, I get paid for party planning! Two invitations written and other plans under way. Should be a fun time around the first of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment