Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

Smaller cast after visit to the doctor today.
I just got home from the doctor's office where some of my stitches were removed. I almost fainted as the doctor was removing the stitches on the top of my ankle. I was covering my eyes so as not to see what was happening. He said to tell him if I got light headed or clammy. When I said I was already clammy he stopped, got a wet towel for my head, and didn't continue until some color was back in my face. These were only the small stitches so I can't wait to see what happens when he removes the major stitches that are by my heel. I'm such a baby!

There was good news from the doctor: I'm healing well. More good news is that I came home in a smaller cast than when I left the house, and the maximum time I have left with the nasty crutches is a week from Friday. Then I'll be back in hideous black boot for a month, but even that sounds more appealing than the crutches. I'm so afraid of falling again because I'm so clumsy. After all, falling is what got me into this foot and ankle mess in the first place. And when I fell the first time I had two good feet and no crutches.

Today I'm creating conference materials. It has always been so hard to write inspiring words about places where I've never been, but corporate budgets never seem to have funds to send the copywriter for site visits. Too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment