Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

I hope my buddy Alex feels better!
I'm watching Today and the camera is showing an outside shot where it is pouring down rain in the Big Apple. This made me reflect of taking Dr. Mc and Sweetness to New York while Kendall was at Univ. of Texas and Evan was in elementary school. It was a mother/daughter bonding trip that seems like a million years ago. We went to the World Trade Center for dinner and five years later it was gone. We had brunch at Tavern on the Green and 10 years later it was closed. But I have great memories of sharing the city with the girls.

We took the ferry across to see the Statute of Liberty and the two sisters were bundled up like arriving immigrants at the turn of the 19th Century. We went to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes in their Christmas Spectacular. It was truly spectacular. And the last day we were there, we went to the filming of Today and stood outside in the pouring down rain.

Today I'm creating a draft of a grant application for Bayou City Art Festival, and remembering a fun time with my daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment