Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10, 2012

New chairs in Santa Fe with arms. Much better for relaxing.
I'm so proud of myself! Somehow the brightness on my computer screen went dim and I figured out how to fix it. I found the brightness control in my system preferences and made the screen brighter. What a big girl I am.

There's so much on the news about President Obama coming out yesterday in support of gay marriage. Being a Christian, I understand the conflict that some people have with the issue of gay marriage in that the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. On the other hand, as a human being I don't understand the conflict over equal rights. Why shouldn't all people have the same rights? Working in a creative industry (marketing and advertising), as well as being an art enthusiast, I'm very often around gay people. I have really good friends who are gay. I totally believe that everyone – gay or straight – has the right to love whomever they love. Women fought for and earned their rights. African Americans fought for and earned their rights. Why do people have to keep arguing and fighting for their rights? What I would have liked for President Obama and all people to support is equal rights for all people.

Today I'm creating ... I don't know what. I feel very tired today, which I'm sure is the effect of an all day road trip. I don't know what it is about riding in a car for 13 hours that should make me tired, but I'm really feeling lackluster today.

No comments:

Post a Comment