Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012

Mr. B (center) and The Richards enjoying their garden.
We're summerizing the casita before we leave tomorrow. This means, in addition to the normal cleaning we do before we leave, we're taking the heavy blankets and quilts off the beds and putting on white sheets and a light cotton blanket. The high temperature today in Santa Fe is 64 degrees with beautiful blue skies and a really nice breeze. It has been a fabulous mini-vaca!

I've noticed that there is a lot more work to keeping the casita neat and clean when Mr. B is here with me. He is prone to using something and leaving it there when he finishes with it. For example, the knee pads he used while pulling weeds from the garden are still in the yard, as are his gloves. It was very sweet of him to make breakfast this morning, but I just cleaned up the kitchen three hours after we ate. Do you get the picture? He has been re-gluing two wooden arm chairs that we brought up here and guess where all that stuff is? If you answered all over the dining floor, bing, bing, bing: you would be correct.

Today I'm creating pillows for the two wooden chairs we brought up here. Something simple. I took the two overstuffed chairs that have been here since we bought the house to a consignment store. This is one of the best stores I've ever been in. I wish there was something like this store in Houston. Or maybe it's best for me that the store is only in Santa Fe!

No comments:

Post a Comment