Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Aulay, Day 44

I was torn between two photos to post today, but Dr. Mc
smiling in this picture was the deciding factor.
The little man continues his march to get out of the hospital. Right now he seems to be gaining about an ounce a day, and he is fast approaching four pounds. He is still having problems with reflux, but so does his grandfather, Mr. B.

I see babies graduating from NICU Level 2 and leaving the hospital, which is so wonderful. There were car seats beside two beds today. I have to think those babies are ready to leave the hospital or why would the car seats be there? When I was there today a dad was bottle feeding his baby girl. I know Dr. Mc and Big Daddy Nick will be so excited when Aulay's feeding tube is gone and they can feed him. If he continues to develop and grow at one ounce a day, bottle feeding could occur soon. Dr. Julie (me) thinks this could be as soon as within the next two weeks.

Today I'm creating a morning to sleep late. I went to bed early last night, but didn't go to sleep until about 1 a.m. and woke up at 3:15, and stayed awake until 7 a.m. Something was bothering me, but I have no idea what.

No comments:

Post a Comment