Sunday, October 5, 2014

Aulay, Day 48

I got the green light to hold the little prince. I arrived at the hospital just before his feeding and assessment time. The nurse asked if I would like to change his diaper and hold him. I cried tears of joy when she put him in my arms. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He looked around and made some adorable baby noises. I sang an old children's hymn to him until he went back to sleep. Then the nurse put him back in his incubator. Holding him for the first time was one of the most exciting moments of my life!

Mitzie, Madame (a.k.a. Ashley) and Sara hosted a wonderful brunch today in honor of Aulay, Kendall and Nick. I got to see some family and friends today that I haven't seen in years, which was terrific. He got baby gear, clothes, and fun books at the shower. I can't wait to see him in his new britches and read books to him.

Today I'm creating a blog about Aulay. It was nice to have people tell me how much they enjoy my daily updates on his progress and development. While the comments were nice, I enjoy writing about the little man and would write the blogs even if no one read them. Someday I'll read all the blogs to the little man himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment