Monday, October 6, 2014

Aulay, Day 49

I'm writing a late post today. I had a busy morning, lunch with a friend, and then a long visit with Aulay. It's interesting to me that I left the hospital an hour later than I normally do, and the traffic was less congested.

While at the hospital I held the little prince during his feeding. His feeding time was shortened over the weekend from 1.5 hours to 45 minutes. Today during his 2 p.m. feeding he got his arms free from the swaddling, took his hat off and pulled his feeding tube part of the way out. Instead of the breast milk reaching his stomach, it was only getting to his esophagus, which caused him to spit up. I told the nurse that he was spitting up and she told me to lean him forward and pat him on the back. That worked. She put him down in the incubator and was pushing the feeding tube back down his throat when we heard him pooping. Not only did we hear it, but the nurse across the room heard him. We started laughing because he just kept pooping. Then it looked like he smiled. An experience that started out scaring me (his spit up) turned out to be so funny because the little man was so happy with himself.

Today I'm creating time to go through my costume jewelry. I'm terrible about pulling off bracelets, necklaces and earrings, and leaving them everywhere I put them down. I've got to go through it all while watching Dancing with the Stars tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment