Thursday, October 9, 2014

Aulay, Day 52

The face of an angel!
Friend Susan M. has walked in my shoes. Her daughter had a premature baby and her family spent lots of time in a NICU with their precious wee one. Susan sent me a message earlier this week with well wishes, and also let me know that there will come a day when Aulay is home and I'll go through NICU withdrawal. This is the encouragement I need on days such as today to get up and go to the hospital. I didn't go to sleep until 4 a.m. or so. This morning I stayed in bed, propped up on tons of pillows, working on my computer. I did't really feel like leaving the house, but a trip to the hospital awaited me. Yes, I'm tired of driving across town to visit the little man, but I'm not tired of seeing that sweet face and kissing his little hands and face.

I'm so glad I went to the hospital this afternoon. Not only did I get to hold Aulay during his 2 p.m. feeding, but the pic-of-the-day shows the face that was waiting for me. There he was without the large tubes taped to his little face. None of us have seen him without those tubes, so this is a red-letter day. Not only were the tubes gone, but later this afternoon or tonight Aulay will be taken out of his incubator and placed in an open-air crib. These are giant steps for him being able to leave the hospital. The little man deserves an A++ today for his growth and development. Yes, prayers do work!

Today I'm creating Facebook postings and an e-blast for clients. BTW, Susan M's story has a very happy ending. Her grandchild is a very active child with no developmental problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment