Monday, October 13, 2014

Aulay, Day 56

First time drinking from a bottle.
My schedule these days involves getting to the hospital by10:45 a.m. for the little man's 11 a.m. feeding. Today I was on schedule and got an added treat: a lesson in bottle feeding a preemie. Last night Dr. Mc fed the little prince his first bottle of breast milk. He was a champ and drank the entire bottle and then burped like a sailor. When I got to the hospital this morning, a special nurse was on her way to bottle feed Aulay, so I got a lesson on feeding a preemie. These babies aren't cradled, to avoid choking. They're sat upright in your lap and rubbed on their backs for burping. The nurse (and Aulay) did all the work today. Tomorrow it's my turn with the little prince.

While I was at the hospital I could hear the rain and lightning outside. At one time the lights and monitors went off before the backup system kicked on. I wasn't sure I was going to make it home because the roads around the medical center were already flooding.

Today I'm creating a lot of writing. I have several newsletter articles to write. These are always fun and easy to knock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment