Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Aulay, Day 58

The little man's eyes were open and he was waiting for me this morning when I got to the hospital around 10:55 a.m. The nurse checked his temperature – which was perfect – so I snatched him up, give him a kiss on the head, and started feeding the little prince. It took about 20 minutes for him to drink all that was in the bottle. He gave me two burps and then he was ready for his nap. It's very tiring for the preemies to breathe and drink at the same time.
I held the little man on my chest next to my heart after he burped. I don't know if it is true, but it seems as if hearing a heart beat would be comforting to babies. While he slept against my chest there was plenty of time for kisses on his head. When I put the wee one back in his cradle I swaddled him tightly. It's like wrapping a burrito. When I told him to "sleep well and grow stronger" he gave me a little smile (see photo of the day).

Today I'm creating plans to participate in a holiday market. I got a call asking me if I wanted to participate. I'll be the only fiber artist so I said "yes" to the one-day show. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment