Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Aulay, Day 72

My friend, Mitzie, and I went to an infant CPR class last night. The instructor was putting us to sleep and I wasn't sure I could sit through the entire two hour class, but we made it. The last hour was about performing CPR on an infant and also what to do in case of choking. I'm glad we went to the class although I hope neither of us ever have to use what we learned!
Big Daddy's hand no longer dwarfs
the little man's face.

I had gone to the hospital around 4 p.m. to hold Aulay and feed him at 5 p.m. He was charming me with his toothless grin and rolling tongue tricks. When I got to the CPR class at 6 p.m. I realized I'd left my cell phone in NICU, so at 8 p.m. Mitzie and I went back to the NICU. She walked with me to Aulay's crib, which is a no no, but I wanted her to see how much he has grown. We were in NICU for probably two minutes when the nurses shooed us out. Mitzie is not positive that she is on a "no-fly" list at the hospital, which isn't good since her daughter is having a baby there in January. When our kids were born we would tell the nurses that we were sisters so the other one could see the baby. 

Today I'm creating a trip to Richmond to see my cousin, Susan. About a month ago she moved from League City/LaPorte or someplace on the south of town to Richmond so she could be closer to her daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters. Her new house is very cute! In typical Susan form, everything is already unpacked and she knows all of her neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment