Monday, September 1, 2014

Aulay, Day 14: The first two weeks

He looks good, then the monitors start beeping and we are
pulled back into reality that he is still so tiny and fragile.
It's crazy to think it was only two weeks ago tonight that Dr. Mc was admitted to the hospital. Eighteen hours later, and three months ahead of schedule, she and Nick were parents. We have all been taking photos of the little man and I can really see his growth and progress during the past two weeks. At 2 lbs. 2 oz. and 13.4" long, he is so handsome and full of personality. In the picture I took of him yesterday with his hand on the back of his head, he looked as if he was smoothing his hair for a photo. Mr. B captioned the pic-of-the-day, "Wait, how's my hair?" And look at his little knee sticking up! It's so fun to watch this little man's progress!

On Sunday morning I talked to a friend who is an OB/GYN about Dr. Mc. He told me that the NICU will make sure Aulay is well cared for, and my job is to ensure that Kendall doesn't do too much. Although she seems to be doing well, her blood pressure could elevate if she is too active. This news disturbed me because she was walking around washing clothes last week and helping me in the kitchen. Although she looks good, I need to keep her quiet and resting.

Today I'm creating a finished blanket for Aulay. These simple projects seem like the perfect time to use my serger. This is the machine that I had to have before I went to Santa Fe in July yet I still haven't taken out of the box. Arg!

No comments:

Post a Comment