Friday, September 19, 2014

Aulay, Day 32; Happy one month birthday to the little prince

He was reaching for something and determined to get it.
I've always felt I'm blessed, but never more than I have the past month. One month ago I had plenty of tears getting from Santa Fe to ABQ to catch a plane. I had more tears during the two hour flight from ABQ to HOU. There were more tears as I looked at the little prince for the first time with lots of tubes going into his tiny body. But from the time that he opened his little eyes on August 19, and looked up at me, I've had only tears of joy for the little man. He is an additional blessing in my life and I thank God each and every day for the little miracle Aulay!

When I got to the hospital this morning, Aulay was awake and alert. This seems to be the case more and more. Unfortunately, when he sleeps he forgets to breathe sometimes, but this is becoming less and less of a problem. I was probably at the hospital for two hours and the monitor only sounded once. There was a time when the monitor would beep three times an hour, so the little man is doing much better. He looked really cute today in a pale blue shirt with a nautical theme. Then again, he looks cute in everything!

Today I'm creating the final plans for an event on Sunday. I'm looking forward to the artist reception featuring new works by a photographer and a ceramist.

No comments:

Post a Comment