Thursday, September 25, 2014

Aulay, Day 38

There was lots of activity today in section E of NICU III. In fact, everything changed except for Aulay. There were two new micro-preemies, which are babies who have a birth weight up to three pounds, and a crib change for another baby. Our little man must have been bothered by all the activity because he kept his hand over his eye most of the time I was there, except when he would put his thumb in his mouth. I realized today that he has lost tons of hair. As with most premature babies, when he was born he had peach fuzz all over him. As of today, I no longer feel the need to have his back waxed (ha … just a little granny humor about waxing him).

Today I also feel the need to mention my older brother who was born on September 25, 1950 and died on December 7, 2004. Bryan was a big man who loved babies and little children as much as I do. It makes me sad that Bryan died shortly after his first grandson (and namesake) was born, which meant that he wasn't alive for the births of his three other grandsons and two granddaughters, and his great-nephew Aulay. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Bryan and my deceased parents.

Today I'm creating event emails and e-blasts. Tonight Mr. B and I are going to dinner with Dr. Mc and Big Daddy Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment