Sunday, September 14, 2014

Aulay, Day 27

Yesterday I was able to finish the Texans blanket for the little man's incubator. I went to the hospital around 5 p.m. to take it to him. You can't tell from the photo, but the underneath is red fleece with big white dots. The Texans fabric, which is also fleece, is authorized by the NFL, but not the underneath fabric. I think it would be really cute if the team wore red pants with white dots, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Aulay was feeding and sleeping while I was at the hospital yesterday. I love just watching him. Yesterday I think he was saving his energy for when Dr. Mc and Big Daddy Nick came to see and hold him after I left.

Today I'm creating an afternoon with some friends. Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Kim P. She and I met in 1995, while I was working in corporate communications and she was working for our advertising agency of record. We don't see each other enough, but are always able to pick up where we left off when we do get together. I appreciated her reaching out to me recently and offering  support. As Dionne Warwick sang, "That's what friends are for." I'm blessed to have so many caring friends in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment