Saturday, September 27, 2014

Aulay, Day 40

I did find something to wear last night so Mr. B and I went to all three functions we were invited to attend. Dinner (if you can call it that) was at a home in River Oaks. Instead of "real food" the couple served light bites that were all finger foods. The wife was Danish as was the artwork in huge gold, museum-like frames. I didn't go upstairs, but downstairs there were at least four sitting areas that were filled with collectibles. It's safe to say that no small children live or visit the home.

I have been lazing around so far today. Big Daddy Nick is performing in Dallas tonight, so instead of going to the hospital during the day, I'm going tonight with Dr. Mc. They go nightly from about 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. I'll be able to see the little man out of his incubator while his mommy holds him. Dr. Mc is taking bets about whether or not I can stay awake.

Today I'm creating a clean bedroom. People keep telling me not to worry about anything except family right now, but I'm going to have to spend sometime this afternoon clearing off the bed in the guest room in case Dr. Mc decides to have a sleepover tonight. Maybe I'll find the pair of black shoes that are missing. I'm beginning to think they got left in Santa Fe. Fortunately I live by one of my mother's favorite theories that women can never have enough black shoes or white shirts. If I can't find the black shoes I want, there are a least a dozen or more other pairs in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment