Sunday, August 31, 2014

Aulay, Day 13

The blanket I made for the little man has sweet farm animals.
When Mr. B and I went to the hospital yesterday to visit with the little prince, I took a blanket I made for him while I was in Santa Fe. You can see it in the pic-of-the-day covering his incubator mattress. It is flannel and features farm animals, trees, barns, etc. I promised the little man that when he gets older I'll teach him the noises that all the animals make. And, as always, I told him that he was loved and that many people are praying that he will get stronger.

The nurses gave us great news. Aulay has gained another ounce and now weighs 2 lbs. 2 oz. As with most babies, he dropped a few ounces after his birth, but in less that two weeks he has surpassed his birth weight with a total of four more ounces.

Today I'm creating another blanket to take to the hospital for the little man. Hopefully I have some flannel already in my sewing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment