Thursday, September 4, 2014

Aulay, Day 17

I'm obsessed with this guy!
I was trying something different today. I wanted to post a video of Aulay, but it didn't work. Blogger doesn't allow "mp4" to be uploaded. Still, you can see a close-up photo of the handsome little man.

We heard that he might have a blood transfusion today, but that test and decision has been postponed until Monday. Many preemies lack the number of red blood cells (RBCs) necessary to carry adequate oxygen to their bodies. This complication (anemia), is easily diagnosed through lab tests. Premature infants, especially those who weigh less than 1,000 grams (2.2 pounds) at birth, often need red blood cell transfusions.

Today I'm creating an evening visit to see the little man with Mr. B. I need to start calling people for lunch. If I'm at home by myself I spend too much time reading about preemies. This little man is a fighter and is overcoming anything that is thrown at him. It doesn't due me or the situation any good to isolate myself from friends and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment