Saturday, August 30, 2014

Aulay, Day 12

I cried last night when Aulay held my finger in his hand.
I helped Dr. Mc clean her house most of yesterday. I just don't feel good about her doing much for a couple of weeks. She needs to be resting and not cleaning. She has been washing Aulay's clothes and blankets getting ready for him to come home, even that won't be for a couple of months.

Mr. B and Rose got home yesterday afternoon. Hooray! After dinner he took me to the hospital to see the little man. It's so nice that the hospital let's parents and grandparents have access to NICU at any time because it was after 9 p.m. when we got there. I was beyond excited when the nurse let me touch Aulay. I stuck my hand in the incubator and started crying. His skin was so soft and his features are so small and delicate. Because he is thin he felt very boney and fragile. His tiny hand clasped my index finger. I know it's a reflex action on his part, but to me it was nothing short of magical having him hold my finger. I tell the little prince every day how much he is loved.

Today I'm creating a trip to Galveston, or at least that is what is supposed to happen. A friend is turning 70 and we have been invited to help Ray celebrate. My nephew Truett and his wife Elva have a condo in Galveston so Mr. B and I are going to spend the night in Galveston. All I need right now is some energy so I can go to Galveston and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment