Friday, August 15, 2014

TGIF

I got up this morning, took Rose outside for her morning business, and then went back to bed. I'm blaming my sleepiness on the horrible Chardonnay I drank last night. Believe me, it wasn't by choice that I drank the oaky, vile-tasting vino, but my only other option was semi-warm beer. I'm not even a fan of cold beer!

Whimsical ceramic installation.
I went to the opening night of Objects of Art Santa Fe, which featured 65+ exhibitors from around the world. The objects ranged from contemporary to historic, and included fine art, furniture, books, fashion, jewelry, textiles and folk art (tribal, American Indian, African and Asian). In addition to a smaller crowd and first look at everything, the ticket price included hors d oeuvres and beverages. There is no truth in advertising! The space was incredibly crowded, I got two small bites, and the wine was terrible. If I'm here next year I'll be attending the Friday show at 11 a.m., which is only $13.

Today I'm creating the finishing touches to an online form, website announcement and Facebook posting. This quick, pro-bono project should not have taken 52 emails to complete, but that's what happens when there is a committee of eight and only two or three of us knew what the hell was supposed to happen. Somehow in my mind I have to learn a lesson from this experience and not be so inclusive with who is invited to participate. Another part of my personality revealed: I'm a "people pleaser" without concern for how crazy it drives me. To myself I say, "Get over it, girlfriend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment