Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30, 2013

Getting the casita ready for summer by washing the quilts
and replacing them with coverlets. Finished the guest room
today (this is the winter setting).
Do you know how sometimes you can smell or taste (insert any of the five senses) and it takes you back to another place or reminds you of someone? For example, after my grandfather died I would often smell his pipe tobacco, but no one around me would be smoking a pipe. I always felt this was a sign from him that he was watching over me.

Now, flash forward. I went to Albertson's to buy replacements for the paper goods I've used while here. I was also looking for some ointment to put on my nose, which is very sore and chapped. I settled on A+D Ointment. The minute I opened the tube I was immediately transported back to when the lovely McCarley sisters would get rashes on their sweet baby bottoms. As I said above, I always felt that it was a sign from my grandfather when I would smell his pipe tobacco. So what is the meaning of the A+D Ointment reminding me of rashes of diapered baby bottoms? Well, maybe nothing.

Today I'm creating a clean casita. Whenever I clean here it's so obvious to do two rooms one day, then two more rooms on the next day, and finally the bathroom and master bedroom on the third day. I was supposed to leave for Houston tomorrow, but I put off cleaning until I felt better. At this rate, it will Friday before I leave. But that's OK with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment