Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13, 2013

Mojitos. They do a body good!
It's a lazy day in the Pettit household. I've done very little today except wake up, eat, have a nap, and play on the computer with the television on in the background. I certainly know how to celebrate lazy.

Dr. Mc and #1 on-in-law Nick are in Austin this weekend. Dr. Mc emailed me that she was at Austin's version of Bayou City Art Festival, but there was no comparison in the two events. This took me back to when Dr. Mc was in grad school in Denver. One of my favorite times to visit plain ole Kendall and Nick was around July 4th when Denver hosted its Cherry Creek Festival. The weather was always so beautiful at that time of year. We would spend the day at the festival and then head back to their home for some grilling and homemade goodies. Many of their friends would come for al fresco cocktails and dinner, and then stay to view the fireworks. We usually had on long sleeve shirts or sweaters or both once the sun went down. Watching the fireworks while sitting outside is something that is unheard of in Houston unless you enjoy being in a hot steam bath with 50,000 or so other people while fully dressed. To say the least, this isn't my cup of tea.

Today I'm creating a newsletter article and shopping on ebay. It's only a couple of days until Mr. B and I head to the high desert. I need enough supplies to make plenty of jewelry while I'l there.

No comments:

Post a Comment