Sunday, April 21, 2013

Apri 21, 2013

I made a lumberjack breakfast this morning for Mr. B before dropping him off to catch the shuttle to ABQ. As soon as we left the casita he got a voicemail that his flight had been delayed 35 minutes. That happens often from ABQ to HOU. Houston is the last top, so I guess the tardiness of the other legs of the flight build up until ABQ. It's nice that the airline sends out messages about the delays.
Going away dinner party tonight.  Tony (left in plaid shirt)
and Victoria (third from left) are moving back to
New Jersey. Jane (hugging Victoria) and Dick (second from
the left) had a lovely dinner tonight for Victoria and Tony.

I couldn't resist going to The Shops at Sanbusco after dropping Mr. B at the shuttle stop. There aren't many people in town, so I thought the shops might be having sales. Wrong! Nothing I needed at the shoe store or the two clothes shops next to it. A wonderful bed and bath shop is now gone. I went into a couple of other stores, but all I bought was a cotton scarf that was on sale. The scarf is loosely woven and I can wear it with many tops.

Today I'm creating a fabulous pork shoulder roast to take to a dinner party tonight. I wrapped the pork in foil and put it in the oven for seven hours at 300 degrees. About an hour before taking the pork out of the oven I unwrapped it and poured homemade barbecue sauce on top. After I took the pork from the oven I let it sit for about 10 minutes before pulling apart. People at the party kept asking who made the pulled port and stood over it nibbling after dinner. I sent the leftovers with friend Richard Anderson so he can share it with his office tomorrow. I kept a little extra pork for me at the casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment