Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013

I had a great meeting today with my fellow Board members of Bayou City Art Festival. It was a longer meeting than usual, but we were able to cover lots of topics. Everyone walked away with assignments and marching orders, including me. I even sent out a couple of reminder emails tonight.
I looked at this uber cool vintage magazine
case today. I hope my client will purchase
it for storage space. 
After the Board meeting I drove to Pasadena to the Retro Metro's 30,000 square foot warehouse to look at art deco furniture. Such cool pieces from all sorts of eras stacked neatly to the ceiling. The space was well organized and it was surprising that the warehouse people knew the location of items. I could show them a piece of furniture from their website and the warehouse manager would know which row it was on. This warehouse isn't their only location, either. So much product. Very impressive.

Today I'm creating a packing list of items to take TOMORROW to the high desert. This will require that I go into the fall/winter clothes closet since it might snow in Santa Fe tomorrow. Last year when we went about this time of year, or it might have even been in May, both Mr. B and I almost froze. In my mind, there's just something wrong with wearing wool or corduroy in April or May. Yet those are the cold weather clothes I keep up there. The only other option I had last year was to wear linen clothes I keep there for the summer months. This year, I'm going to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment