Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013

Heros from yesterday's bombings.
"Sick bastard" is the best description of anyone who took part in yesterday's bombings in Boston. A friend of Dr. Mc's lives in or just outside of Boston, and her husband is a fireman. They have twins who are three or fours years old. Carrie posted on FB that they are all fine. I was thinking about Carrie and her family all afternoon and evening. We met Carrie when she and Kendall were about 18 months old.

Although the media has been quick to label the bombings as a terrorist attack, I'm beginning to think more and more that the bombings were by a lone wolf.  Two reasons. Most terrorists are quick to announce their destruction of American property and lives. A lone wolf goes into hiding and tries to avoid capture. Also, it seems like someone from the Boston area might have done this. I mean, how many other people knew that yesterday was Patriots Day in the area? I hate to profile, but this is my thinking. I hope I'm wrong because it breaks my heart that someone from my own country would set out to kill and/or maim his or her fellow Americans. At the same time, it lifts my spirits to know that for every sick bastard there are 100 or more heroes who will selflessly step forward to help those in need.

Today I'm creating plans to leave town on Thursday morning. Tonight I'm going to a thank you party for those who worked on the home tour a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure how I can go to the party and stick to my commitment to eat healthy before leaving town. Mr. B promised that when we get to Santa Fe, I can have my favorite pasta dish with alfredo sauce and grilled chicken. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment