Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Happy birthday, Mom.
The only thing that could make this day more perfect than it already is would be if my family was at the casita with me. The windows are open. I can hear the birds singing outside. Spanish guitar music is playing on the stereo inside. Roz and Rose are napping. WAIT. If the family was here with me my quiet solitude would be gone. Maybe I am glad that I'm here with just the dogs.

I already completed a bit of business for one client this morning. Now I'm waiting on an email from another client. But sitting at the breakfast bar with my feet up makes work seem less like work. I read that today is Earth Day. Happy birthday, earth. Also, today would have been my mother's 84th birthday, had she not died in 2001. Actually, although she died today is still her birthday. When I look at friends who still have their parents I get upset that mine are both gone. But life goes on and I'm banishing any negative and unhappy thoughts from my perfect day in the high desert. Besides, my niece Patricia is having a baby girl tomorrow. A new beautiful life coming into the world. I can't wait to hold and kiss baby Catherine.

Today I'm creating a revised eblast for a client. After that's finished I'm making some jewelry. I cut out tin pieces yesterday so I'll be doing assembly work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment