Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 20, 2013

Beautiful skies above Santa Fe.
As you can tell from the pic-of-the-day, it is absolutely beautiful in Santa Fe! The temp was in the mid 50s today, which is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking about friends who are in Texas, either riding in the MS 150 or walking in the Avon Walk for the Cure over the weekend. No, I don't wish I was participating in either weekend event. I'm thinking how lucky I am to be in Santa Fe, sitting on a comfy couch with a fire in the kiva, while others are cycling or walking for good causes. I made contributions to each. Now, would I like to have a glass of chilled pinot griglo? Why yes, please.

Mr. B is heading back to H-town tomorrow afternoon. He has agreed to take the shuttle to the ABQ airport from Santa Fe. I'm so pleased! Picking someone up at the ABQ airport and having company on the way back to Santa Fe is OK, but I don't like dropping someone off and making the drive back to the casita by myself.

Today I'm creating marinade for a huge pork shoulder roast. I've been invited to a potluck dinner tomorrow evening. My first thought was to make shrimp and bacon cheese grits, until Mr. B reminded me that we're not in Texas anymore. People in New Mexico eat posole instead of grits. I'm sure there will be posole at the party, but I decided to make pulled pork for sandwiches with all fixin's. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment