Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013

I had been asleep about an hour this morning when Mr. B woke me up at 6:30 a.m. In about 45 minutes we dressed, loaded the car, took the dogs for a short walk, loaded the cooler with water, Diet Coke and snacks for the trip, and hit the road to Santa Fe. The temperature was dropping steadily as we drove through rainy, nasty weather from Conroe to just outside of Ft. Worth. Then the skies cleared and the weather was beautiful the rest of the way to the casita. When we pulled in the gate here a little after 7 p.m. Mountain Time, the temperature was 33 degrees. Burr! It was at this point that Mr. B and I realized we're going to be freezing our butts off here.
Roz got a haircut yesterday. She looks naked!

My head was stuffy again this morning and didn't get better all day. In fact, my first thought when Mr. B woke me this morning was that we should stay home and not make the drive to the casita until tomorrow. But now that we're here, I'm so happy. I used an entire box of Kleenex during the drive. And my voice is almost gone. Mr. B should have a wonderful, quiet weekend at the casita without me able to speak.

Today I'm creating a trip to Santa Fe. I was healthy enough with my eating during the week so I having my favorite pasta dinner tonight. Mr. B has gone to gather dinner, now, when I slip into my stretchy pants and climb under the bed covers with a new box of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment