Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013

Snow fell in Santa Fe today. Crazy spring weather.
I spent a great afternoon with two of my cousins today. Leigh, who is a year younger than me, has been battling cancer and the side effects of her treatment for almost two years. She's a strong, brave woman! I wasn't sure what to expect today, but she was in great spirits and getting around very well. Leigh has been staying with her sister, Susan, who is three years younger than me. Susan lives in Seabrook. What? I drove and drove and drove, and was beginning to think I would never get there. But once I arrived with lunch, we immediately started reminiscing. Three hours had passed before I looked up. Then it was too late to drive across town so we kept talking for another three hours.

It's funny how one of the cousins would know a story that the other two didn't. Or how two would know the same story and ask the third, "Where were you?" Of course, some of the stories that our grandmother and mothers told us are questionable. Did it really happen that way or was the story embellished when told throughout the years. Since everyone on Daddy's side of the family has passed away, I don't have many with which to share crazy stories. It was fun to yack it up today with my cousins.

Today I'm creating an early bedtime. Dr. Mc took Sweetness to get her recent injuries reviewed. Because Sweetness doesn't have health insurance, her big sister took her to Ben Taub Hospital. They arrived at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and didn't leave until 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. That's a total of 18 hours sitting and waiting. I was checking up on both of them until they left the hospital. Then I couldn't get to sleep for more than an hour. Needless to say, I'm tired tonight. But back to Sweetness, her hand is improving, but her knee is still too swollen for any affirmative results.

No comments:

Post a Comment