Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2, 2013

Mick and Mr. B enjoying wine and conversation last
night before dinner. 
Happy Texas Independence Day. As a child attending HISD schools, I often went on field trips to San Jacinto Monument. I enjoyed going to the monument, but the Battle Ship Texas scares me to death. Maybe in a former life I was a passenger who drowned on the Titanic because ships freak me out. Getting on a fishing boat, yacht or sailboat doesn't bother me. A ferry boat doesn't bother me. But the Battle Ship Texas scares me,  even though the water around it isn't that deep.

Last night we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Sandy and Dave's house. There was lots of celebrating. Jan and Paul are back in Houston for their first visit since moving to Ecuador last May. I liked hearing their stories about their new life and the holiday traditions they experienced. Jan was anxious to do some shopping because she says there's really no place to find clothes where they live. Hum. Another reason I'll probably never more to Ecuador. It was also Simon's 55th birthday so there was some off-key singing.

Today I'm creating a marketing proposal to present on Monday morning, as well as a couple of invoices that I emailed. My plan was to clean house today, but there's always tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment