Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12, 2013

My grandmother (Nettye), grandfather ( Truett), and Daddy
(Truett Jr.) I'm not sure of the year, but am guessing it was
in the mid-1940s. Love and miss them all!
I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. I'm blaming it on all the healthy food I'm eating. Anyway, I took two Tylenol to get rid of the headache. When I got sleepy about 30 minutes later, I realized that I had taken Tylenol PM.

While I was sleeping this morning, I had a dream about my paternal grandmother, Nannu. I've blogged about her before and talked about how much I loved her and the simple life she led. I need to find the head shot I have of her when she was probably age 42. Back to my dream, I was in her tiny kitchen in Bryan, TX, washing dishes. My grandparents lived in that house for at least 50 years and never had a dishwasher (or clothes dryer). She was fussing at me for not getting the dishes clean enough. In real life, I can only remember her getting made at me once. I was in elementary school and staying with my grandparents for a week or two during the summer. It was probably during Vacation Bible School. I can't remember what I did, but she made me go out to the huge fig tree in the back yard and get a switch. I'm not sure who was more upset and hurt that she gave me a "whippin'." Me or her. She also made me call my parents and tell them what I did. I cried on the phone as I talked to Daddy.

Today I'm (still) creating organization from chaos. It always takes me more than a little while to organize my fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment