Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 13, 2013

Look at Rose on the porch in the background. She kept
guard of the front yard while I photographed the azaleas.
I was up really early this morning for an 8:30 a.m. meeting. What? Well, at least the meeting was at my house. I saw a news item yesterday about 10- and 12-year-old sisters who run marathons with their dad. One slept in her running clothes because she had to get up so early to arrive at the race site two hours before the start. I think they got up at 3:45 a.m. and ate breakfast in the car. One word best describes this scenario for me. Sick!

So what about the rest of my day. Hummm. I dropped off some clothes at Good Will. They are finally out of the back of the Explorer. Next I had a doctor's appointment. Then lunch with Victoria. For once I got up early enough that I actually wanted lunch. It was good to catch up with Victoria. Sadly, my cousin Susan called this afternoon with news about her older sister, Leigh, who has been battling cancer. They were going to Pettita Casita over the Memorial Day weekend, but it doesn't look like Leigh will be strong enough after her latest surgery about a month ago.

Today I'm creating pillows. Sewing seems weird since I just spent two afternoons organizing my sewing stuff. "Stuff." It's a very technical term I learned in my years of creative writing courses. NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment