Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013

I attempted photo composition today. At the
top of my earrings is the shadow of a fern.
Wish there had been more light!
I'm not sure the weather has ever been more beautiful than today in Houston. The sun is bright. The sky is clear. There is a slight cool breeze. And the temperature is in the low 60s. It's so nice that when I took Roz for a short walk, she wanted to stay outside. This never happens because she is a mole dog. She lives under the bed or with her head buried between pillows. Wait, has hell frozen over?

On another happy note, remember my potential client from last week? I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but I got the go ahead today. Yay! This is another retainer job. I'm going to put all the money in the bank so I'll have a great deposit at the end of the year for a new car. Well, at least it will be a newer model than my 13-year-old Explorer. The first car I ever bought was used. I was living in Austin with a high school friend. I took out a $300 loan from the finance company where I worked. I bought a 10-year-old car and drove it to Houston the following weekend. Daddy checked it out, replaced this and that, and put new tires on it before I drove back to Austin on Sunday night. I was so proud of that car, although I only drove it for about a year. When I moved back to Houston, Mother got a new car and I got her three-year-old car. Daddy hated used cars. He said buying a used car was taking on someone else's problem. But that was then, when he traded in cars before they had 50K miles. This is now, when people drive cars for 200K miles.

Today I'm creating organization from chaos. Although I haven't been sewing much lately, my fabrics are in a crazy mess. It's time to fix that situation. Also, I've decided to get a second battery for my new camera. I have to charge the one I have about once a week. If I get a second battery, I can have one in the charger and one in the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment