Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 2012

Love this idea. A bowling ball covered with mosaic tiles.
Another good thing about writing this blog is that it makes me incredibly aware of the date. I can't believe it's April 1. Before I know it, it will be Christmas.

It was definitely a beautiful day in Houston! Mr. B and I spent several hours going from nursery to nursery, looking for the plants we needed. I'd really like to be doing some planting right now, but that's not going to happen with this hideous boot still on my left foot. But on a more positive note, we filled the back of our Explorer twice with plants. After everything is in the ground, the truckload of mulch will arrive. Have I mentioned before that I love the smell of fresh mulch? The flower beds in the back yard are not void of flowers because nothing seems to get watered back there. It will be much easier to water the lemon trees and herbs in two huge planters by the deck than to try to keep flowers alive in the massive beds. If Daddy were alive, he would be instructing Mr. B on how to put a drip system in the flower beds to keep everything watered. Love and miss you, Daddy!

Today I'm creating a plan on how to mosaic bowling balls. "What?" you ask. I've seen these online and they are really cute. Look at the photo I'm posting today. How hard can it be? A lot of glue. A lot of grout. A ton of patience! Some hair pulling. Friend and artist Sandra York is laughing at me, wondering how I'm going to get the tiles to adhere to the round surface of the bowling ball. She won't be laughing when the cute bowling balls are in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment