Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012

Argh! I don't like it when something I'm accustomed to gets changed. For example, just as I get used to the greatest and latest Facebook revisions, there's a new look. This has now happened to my blog site. I liked the version I've used for my daily musings since February 2011, but now there's a new look that they claim is "simplified and easier to use." Drives me nuts!
Found replacements for the two armless chairs in Santa Fe.
Will be upholstering the new chairs in cowhide. Yee haw.

Yesterday, just before the hail and rain came to Houston, I happened upon an estate sale that I couldn't resist. I've been looking for two arm chairs for the Santa Fe house, and there they were ... for only $80. For the most part, the new chairs are wooden, with only the seat and back upholstered. I bought cowhides several years ago, just waiting for the right chairs to come along. Can't wait to get the chairs to Pettita Casita. I really like the two chairs that are there not (see photo). They have served us well, but arm chairs are just more comfortable to sit in, especially when it comes time to have a cocktail, prop my feet up, and watch a movie. 

Today I'm creating time to remember the "fallen" Aggies in my family. It's Muster at Texas A&M, but I can't make it because of my foot/ankle. I'm missing the celebration for my uncle who died in February 2012, but will be remembering him, my dad and my brother today: Truett Bryan Akin, III (1950-2004; A&M class of 1973); Truett Bryan Akin, Jr. (1929-2007, class of 1950); and R. Clyde Hargrove, Jr. (1934-2012, class of 1955). WHOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment